Hal
Appify Subscribe "because anything can be done in a web app."

Guerrilla Mail

So I started out trying to think of which web application I should review first, and then it came to me: Google Apps suite. However, I wanted to show the apps in a state that is untouched by a user. This would 1. show a view of the app that a first time user would normally get and 2. I really didn't want to show everyone my personal documents, user names, and password lengths...

Which lead me to http://mail.google.com to begin an Appify Gmail account. However, I didn't want to use my current Gmail account and I instinctively went to a site that I frequent when I am in need of a temporary email address- GuerrillaMail.com. And it was at that moment that I realized my first review should actually be about this wonderful staple of an app.

Guerrilla Mail provides its users with a temporary email that self-destructs after about an hour. The best thing is that there's no password, no sign up, and if you return to the site after you leave/close your browser and you're still within the one hour time limit, Guerrilla Mail automatically returns you to the inbox you were originally designated.

Check out the walk through.

Does the app fulfill its intended purpose?10
How clean and simplistic is the UI?7
Is the app forward thinking and innovative?9
How re-usable is the app?10
Overall9

A 9 out of 10 isn't bad for a simple web app. I'm almost pushed to say that this is a 10, but the only thing holding me back is the User Interface, it's cluttered. Put all of the things that a user doesn't absolutely need to access on a separate page, available within a one click reach. This way, if a user wants to know more, they can choose to get more, as opposed to having it forcefully spoon fed to them.

From a functionality standpoint, this app is king. A temporary email address is literally one click away if needed. And who doesn't love a site where no registration is required to use its features? Overall, GuerrillaMail.com gets the job done with near perfection.

0 comments: