Hal
Appify Subscribe "because anything can be done in a web app."

A New Rating System, Normal Programming Resumes Tomorrow

After slight deliberation and a Saturday afternoon's worth of time on my hands I was able to slightly revise the way I rate a app. See below for the new ranking system:

How functional is the app?10
How intuitive is it to use?10
How simple is the design?10
How innovative is the app?10
Overall10

I dropped the repeat use thing because I felt like it was rather arbitrary, and also it varies greatly from person to person, as well as app to app based on one's needs. Also, I changed the wording of each of them to not be "yes" or "no" questions, to better accommodate the 1-10 scale.

Hopefully this will allow me to be a bit harder on these apps.

Regular programming resumes tomorrow night to the chime of an online meeting center and whiteboard tool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that you have redone your ratings scale, I think you need to consider this: the quality of each application as compared to the best application you reviewed. That way you can establish some meaning to those numbers. It seems to me that all your posts have a relatively high score. You should pick one app that really stands out, and use that as a benchmark to rate your other applications. You should post the good and the bad brother.

Keane Angle said...

True. But don't forget that you can't compare apples to ostriches- an app that's for data visualization doesn't really compare to an app that's for project management or organization. I think you're right though, round up's are necessary within each category of apps so I can at least benchmark apps to each other and put some meaning behind the numbers.